These days, the number of independent living senior individuals is increasing. And besides this the number incidents of senior individuals experiencing severe fall is also increasing. 60 to 65 percent of these falls occur at home and majority of that occur at bathroom. Hence, bathroom security for senior individuals is very important now. Some may think that a very plain and simple bathroom will do good for their safety. But for a man who has spent his life using stylish and well furnished bathroom it is really upsetting to use a normal regular one in his senior years. So, I say that he doesn’t need to sacrifice all that comforts and styles in order to be safe in bathroom. Let us see how -
You can add one or two grab bars or a hand held showerhead to make your life easier as well as safe in bathroom.
Looking for expert advice to evaluate your unique circumstances can often bring about some solutions. This article emphasizes on some of the tasks you can perform turn your bathroom more user-friendly. An user-friendly bathroom design helps you to take pleasure in bathing besides being safe. These days there are many bathroom designs have made available following the senior safety advices. So you can have the bathroom design that you want at the same times as abiding by the senior safety advices. Lets have a look at what the senior safety advices include about designing bathroom for aging people –
- You can use a bath bench or a curb-less accessible shower.
- You can install one or two grab bars right next to the bath tub or toilet.
- You can install level controlled taps or single-handed faucets if your old grand-pa or grand-ma is suffering from limited mobility.
- You can install tilt down mirrors for they can be moved according to need.
- You must design the bathroom with enough light.
- You can use heat lamps in ceiling in order to maintain a warm temperature in the bathroom.
- You must use non-slip decals in bathroom to prevent the aging individual from slip and fall.